Friday, October 21, 2005

First thoughts on Jude (the musician, not the book of the Bible)

Jon, I listened to the Cd you gave me on my way home this afternoon. The Cd and the Nebraska countryside at dusk made for a nearly perfect driving experience.

He reminds me a little of Jason Mraz, for whatever that is worth.

For me the highlight is the first song; very nice, nearly brought me to tears. "Sometimes I call my lady, 'Mama', so I can feel at home for awhile." Love it. Superb voice and I can see why you thought of him when you heard Jeff Buckley.

I also enjoyed the Bread cover.

It has definitely found a permanent home in my CD holder.

And, sorry again for posting this here. Oh, well, maybe it will draw comments from around the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Moise said...

I'm so glad you like him!

My friends and I love him, ever since we saw him open for Ben Folds in like...1997...

I find the "I do" song...my favorite...It was a great "I just lost my puppy love, but it was real to the puppy" kind of song...

The line "If you're ever wondering if love can be true, think of me, remember darling, like I do"...

I have a soft spot for sappiness like that...It's the same thing that makes me love "You were always on my mind" by Willie Nelson...

Anyway...glad you dig it...He's one of my favs...I also would listen to him driving down the highways of Nebraska...I have a distinct memory of listening to him while driving through the Nebraska National Forrest with the windows down in Fall on my way to a high school dance in Valentine...

Good times...again..thanks for the Jeff Buckley, he also holds a place in my ever growing music collection...

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home