Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Star Trek and Steven Spielburg

I doubt anyone here watched Star Trek...It's pretty nerdy, but ST:TNG had something called the "Hol[o-]deck"...it looks as though Mr. Spielburg has brought some device back from the future...

Here..

It looks as though Steven Spielburg (Director Genious) has invented a machine...some sort of magic box that will soon be the newest trend...

EDIT - I always thought it was "holideck" because they used it for a "holiday" or "Vacation" - What a fool I was...Thanks for the correction...

3 Comments:

Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

I watched TNG as a nerdy little child, and often thought about how cool the holo-deck would be (it's "holo" as in "hologram"). What I found interesting is that they had to refer to Spielberg as the "Saving Private Ryan" director, as if he needed some kind of introduction. Who else needs that kind of introduction?
"Introducing Mr. Cat Scratch Fever and avid hunter, Ted Nugent!"
"Ladies and gentlement, I present to you the Savior, God's own Son, Jesus Christ!"

Of course, neither the Nuge nor the Lamb need an introduction. (If they were in the same room, however, it might be hard to tell them apart.)

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The holo-deck. I was never a big Next Generation fan, but in hindsight, the HD was a pretty cool gig to have.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

I always thought that there were probably more illicit uses for the HD. But maybe that's just my mind.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home