Friday, August 05, 2005

A 1L, though not exactly

The new school year looms ahead and I am filled with anticipation. A whole new bunch of greenhorns are out there right now; nervous, excited, fearful. I pray that I may be a shining beam of light for them all, illuminating the dark path which leads to a head crammed full of facts and rules and, hopefully, a grand schema on which to hang it all come exam time.

Yeah right.

All I know for sure is I am likely going to turn cartwheels everytime I hear one of my classmates ask another one, "So, how is your draft coming?"

In keeping with my distaste, nay, my loathing for the icky politesse of law school (even our laid-back Midwest one did not defy expectations: it's fun to deliberately use words incorrectly or mispronounced and hear folks snicker) I'll just lay it all out for you guys, true comrades and real men, if ever there were such things. For me, my first year was as easy as ABC. That's A for Contracts, B for Legal Writing and C . . . well, you know what that stands for.

Three more weeks is all we have left. I want to see you all (Sergei, too?) before the season commences. Let's meet soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home