Friday, June 24, 2005

Russell

On Wednesday I adopted Russell (Russell is his middle name, Kurt is his first), a 21-pound, 4 1/2-month-old puppy. I believe that he's part Jack Russell or Fox Terrier, and the humane society had him down as a lab mix (he's all black and has long legs) although I'm not sure about that. Anyway, he has kept me quite busy and I haven't been able to write updates for the top 100 list. Please forgive me. Next week Laura will be living in Lincoln and she will do most of the care for the little guy, so I should have time to catch up on the list.

A little about Russell:
I believe that I potty-trained him within two days, although there is always the chance for another accident. He was kennel-trained within an hour. In other words, he is very smart and extremely eager to please. I've yet to see him angry and I've only heard him bark a couple times, all very quietly. He loves to play fetch (although he's getting a habit of not bringing the ball back) and tug-of-war, but his favorite thing to do is make his sheep toy squeak. He has knocked over my friend's two-year-old twice while playing, but he's learning to be nice to her (she needs a little more work to be nice to him).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only had one dog I truly loved. Her name was Cindy. Since then I have been a lousy pet owner. I am too impatient and usually the dogs I have had have been much smarter than me and I resent that. So, everyday I attempt to see things the way my dogs do and I think I am improving.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

If everyone would see things the way dogs do, the world would be a better place.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Moise said...

My fav dogs name was Shana. She was a Cocker Spanial and I was elected by the family to take her to Dog shows and show her off.

She bit a judge once.

She was a dog I could talk to and I feel that she understood me. All at once one day she started to obey my commands. It was weird.

She died from a botched spay. It was really sad. I burried her with her favorite chew sock. Dogs rule. So much cooler than cats. Agreed?

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home