Monday, May 23, 2005

I'm wide awake, it's morning

Greetings all! I'm glad this blog seems to serve its purpose.

Apologies that I haven’t been responding or posting. Things have been a bit hectic for me this past week or so, but normalcy is creeping back into my life and that is a good thing. Well, where to begin. Kelly, love your blog and congrats on your grades! I agree that the blog forum is a perfect place for a rejuvenation of the essay and if I ever find something worth saying I plan on posting it as well. Todd (forever K-Boy), also congrats on your grades. It’s good to know that our little group will continue to pollute the entrance to the law school with cigarette smoke and (occasionally) interesting conversation.

I have a movie I think you all would like to see, I’ll give a little teaser about it. It’s called “Primer” and it’s about a bunch of engineers in a garage discovering something scientists and humans have always dreamed of discovering. The ability to have no regrets. (How’s that for teaser!)

On the music front. System of the Down’s new album sounds very good. My girlfriend made me buy (not steal) B.Y.O.B. and burn it for her so she could listen to it and I think it is a really good song. What I like about them is they have an original take on rock and roll and some of their time signatures are awesome.

I’ve bought three CD’s these past few weeks. Beck’s (Guero), Bright eyes (I’m wide awake, it’s morning) and Weezer’s (Make Believe). I also pre-ordered White stripes new album which comes out in a couple weeks. It has an amazingly good title for a rock record (Get behind me Satan). It’s really unfortunate Todd that the song they played on “The river” was “My Best Friend” because I think that might be the weakest song on the record. It’s surely the most simplistic. I think it was their attempt to return to some of their earliest records from ten or so years ago. Let me give you a lyric sample from one of the other songs that might compel you to give some other tracks a shot

“When you’re out with your friends in your new Mercedes Benz
And you’re on drugs
You show up late for school and you think you’re really cool
When you’re on drugs
But the world don’t care if you’re not there cause
You’re on drugs
We are all on drugs”

(Ok, maybe the lyrics aren’t really that good) :)
Seriously, give them another shot though. 18,000 Canadians can’t be wrong! (First weeks sales that made them number one on Canada’s music charts)

I’m also pretty happy with my grades. I got my best grades in Crim Law and Torts.

I also want Sergei to stop being an international legal superstar and post already!

My other thoughts I’ll post in comments and might react to the China comments in a proper post.

Out…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon:

I did hear a tune called "Beverly Hills" (I think) while we were in Colorado for a few days. I liked it!

Also, I think I mentioned that the new White Stripes I heard on the River almost made me drive my car off the highway. It sounded so good! I like the title of the forthcoming album, too.

I took that world-view quiz and my numbers were a lot like yours. The boiler-plate comment was the same one you got. I was 85% cultural creative (high) and 15% materialist (low). I found that I had checked just left of completely disagree on almost all the propositions. I agreed completely with only one of them. "Sometimes scripture should be read symbolically."

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home